The Romanian government adopted a set of measures, with which to help local business deal with the consequences of the coronavirus. The measures were published on Sunday (March 22nd) in the State Gazette and are already in force. The information was graciously provided to us by our members - accounting firm Ask for accounting SRL and translation agency RoMondo.
1. The deadline for payment of taxes on buildings, lands and vehicles is extended until June 30th 2020, maintaining the 10% discount if you pay the entire amount until this date.
2. The period for granting relief measures such as tax amnesty and restructuring is extended for the period between February 1st, 2020 – July 31st 2020, when submitting an application until October 30th, 2020.
3. For the duration of the state of emergency and 30 days after it ends, there will be no interest or penal payments on the due tax obligations.
4. Temporary termination by the tax authority or by third parties under distraint of the forced enforcement measures for the duration of the state of emergency and 30 days after its end.
5. Attention, the deadline for submitting tax returns and payments regarding them is not extended for the duration of the state of emergency.
6. Small and medium-sized enterprises that have ceased all or part of their activities and possess an Emergency Certificate issued by the Ministry of Economy will be able to benefit from deferring the payment of utilities and rent for the company headquarters and additional offices. At the moment of writing this publication, there are no requirements as to the conditions under which these certificates will be issued.
7. Small and medium-sized enterprises will be able to invoke the force majeure clause of the contracts in force only after an attempt to renegotiate and adapt the contract clauses, taking into account the extraordinary conditions, arising from the state of emergency.
8. Additional force majeure regulations and contractual relations.
9. Small and medium-sized enterprises will not owe penal payments on contracts with the public authorities for the duration of the state of emergency.
10. The professions of public interest are mentioned: notaries, lawyers, enforcement agents, doctors, dentists. A government ordinance is expected to specify the criteria for their activities. They will not be able to benefit from social assistance.
11. The deadline for submiting the beneficial owner declaration is extended for 3 months from the date of termination of the state of emergency. The submission of this declaration is suspended for the duration of the state of emergency.
12. Financial relief measures will be provided within program IMM INVEST. Additional information will be available later.
13. Additional requirements for the implementation of Law 19/2020 regarding non-working days for parents for the period, during which schools are temporarily closed. More information will be available later.
14. Additional rules regarding indemnifications in case of temporary suspension of activity (technical unemployment), according to an Emergency government ordinance 30/21 March 2020.