The Romanian Minister of Finance, Florin Citu, declared, that the National Agency for Fiscal Administration (ANAF) has prepared a series of measures for supporting the business in light of the emergency and the damage being done to companies. The deadline for submitting the annual tax returns (or annual financial statements) has been postponed by a month and the new date is April 25th, 2020. The most important business relief measures are:
- suspension of the mandatory collection of budgetary obligations;
- VAT reimbursement in March for all resolved cash receipts and for those, for which current reimbursement decisions have been issued;
- suspension of fiscal controls (tax inspections, fraud controls), with the exception of check-ups, which can be done from a distance;
- suspension of anti-fraud activities regarding Filter II and of specific activities at the border checkpoints with Hungary and Bulgaria.
- implementation of a new VAT refund mechanism, aimed at a speedy settlement of payments, starting from April 1st, 2020;
The measures will be applied for the period, for which Romania has declared a state of emergency, as well as 30 days after that.